Powered By Blogger

Thursday 12 May 2011

Another Year, Another Shirt

Here it is. Reebok's latest effort.

After the initial shock of thinking, "oh my god, this is the fugliest damn shirt I've ever seen", I've sort of gained another perspective on things. At least we have the type of shirt design that lends itself to wacky and creative designs rather than the formulaic stripes that some teams have to suffer through, year after boring year.

It's a bit Star Trek-ish and unnecessarily busy, but at least it's distinctly different to anything we've had before. And who knows, maybe this will be the kit that sparks the memories of one of greatest years in the premier league history for Bolton Wanderers.

Initial responses to the design have been mixed as they usually are when a new kit is announced. This seasons was probably the most widely accepted of recent years, probably because it's quite inoffensive with nothing too crazy going on with bar-codes or anything (seriously, what was that all about?!)

As a fan I found that this seasons replica kits were a pain in the arse to wear because of how billowy the sleeves are... but that's probably to do with the fact that I'm not a professional athlete with guns to fill the sleeves in. Anyway, I'll buy it, as I have done with nearly all the others. No, the biggest problem I usually face when buying the kit is deciding the name to have on the back, and after making the fatal mistake of going for the roaring success that was Mustapha Riga three years ago, I now mainly stick to the big guns, a la Davies, Cahill and Gardner.

No comments: